with Jambo Truong
A Journey of Breath and Kinetic Pathways
The Origin Of Movement begins at the breath. Have you ever wondered how breath travels to spaces within the body to enable movement? Did you know that if these pathways are not clear and utilized skillfully, there is a likelihood to develop compensation patterns and risk injuries? This is especially so with repeated movements.
This weekend shares practical skills on assessing our own breathing patterns in order to support our clients. This program is for all movement practitioners.
Expect to learn
- learn and assess kinetic pathways to empower your knowledge of movement
- visual diagnostics to help assess and develop corrective patterns
- listening assessment skills
- how to engage various parts of diaphragm to promote optimal breathing
- understanding the relationship of rib cage to shoulders
- understanding the relationship of rib cage to hips
- variations of poses that support the movement of breath
- breathing techniques in certain poses and how they can promote proficient movement of breath through kinetic chains
10:00am-10:45am Ceremony & Meditation
2:30-5:30 Anatomy In Motion class
Jambo is the teacher to whom Lizzy House always credits her cueing and understanding of anatomy and energetics. If you enjoy her classes, this workshop is not to be missed.
Jambo is an experienced bodyworker and bodywork teacher based on his multi-disciplinary practice of Forrest Yoga, structural alignment, muscles testing and classical East Asian medicine.
Jambo supplements asana workshops with sessions on functional anatomy, neuro-science, applied kinesiology and structural bodywork. He has an immense amount of passion explaining why what we do works.
Jambo believes that the foundation for physical and emotional growth walk side by side. The yoga mat is a safe arena to explore the areas we are working towards as well as the places we are afraid to meet. This safe space is deliberately generated so that we can walk with full integration. All of our gifts and the shadows that we need to snuggle up to.
$250 AYTT / Early Bird Pricing (through July 10, 2023)
$300 after July 10