2019 Yoga Teacher Training Retreat in Ecuador
Join us at the beach for yoga and surfing
Our intention is to bring to Montanita a quality and affordable yoga teacher training so that all may have the opportunity to deepen their practice. Even if you are not interested in teaching, it will bring your personal practice (and life) to an entirely new level of awareness.
Enjoy all of the amenities of an international yoga retreat while immersing yourself into this month-long yoga teacher training.
Join Cheryl Oliver and other special guest teachers in beautiful Montanita, Ecuador for a month long, Yoga Alliance registered 200-hour yoga teacher training retreat program. Relish in oceanside yoga, surfing, and beachside living for 30 days!
Be prepared to dive deeply into a vinyasa yoga practice while learning about its many facets, such as the language, philosophy, literature and history. Pranayama, chanting and meditation are interwoven into the practice for a complete mind-body-spirit experience.
This training program is held on the tropical coast of Ecuador for yoga and surfing! Held in a bamboo, ocean view yoga studio, this yoga teacher training offers the highest level of yoga teacher training in a relaxing, retreat-like atmosphere. It’s the perfect way to just let go and focus on yoga.
Yoga Teacher Training
This is a unique and transformational yoga teacher training program led by experienced trainers and practitioners. This will be the eleventh training held in Montanita hosted by Cheryl Oliver, of Dave’s Astanga Yoga in Scottsdale, Arizona and Tamara Allers, owner of Casa del Sol in Montanita, Ecuador, so be assured that this training will be of the highest quality.
Due to the success of this program, the trainings do tend to sell out, so applying early can be helpful.
This training features:
- Significant yoga asana practice based in the ashtanga vinyasa yoga tradition, including pranayama, drsti and bandhas
- Significant yoga asana practice in other styles of yoga, such as: “how to teach to beginners” and Yin Yoga
- Verbal and physical adjustments of yoga asana, including asana modifications
- Essential elements of instruction, including “finding your voice as a teacher” and “the art of sequencing”
This 30-day yoga retreat is a Yoga Alliance registered 200-hour yoga teacher training program. Upon completion, you will be able to register as a Yoga Alliance 200-hour teacher.
- Sanskrit language, pose names and philosophical terms
- History of yoga
- Yoga philosophy, including: Yoga Sutra, Bhagavad Gita, The Ramayana
- Vedic chant
- Pranayama (breath control practices)
- Basic anatomy and physiology for yoga
- The cakras and energetic anatomy
Program and Travel Details
Dates: The month of March, 2019
Location: Casa del Sol Surf Camp and Yoga Retreat, Montanita, Ecuador
Registration Deadline: Feb 1st, 2019
Availabillity: There are only 18 spaces available
Price: $2090 USD or $1990 USD early bird special before Jan 1st, 2019.
Deposit: $900 USD deposit to hold your space.
Included: 200 hours of instruction, all course handouts; 26 lunches, welcome and farewell dinners, unlimited water, tea or coffee; and 28 days of continuous learning to expand your self-practice
- surfing: surf lessons with on staff surf coaches, surfboard rentals
- bicycle rentals
- on-site Spanish classes
- private yoga sessions
- movie nights in the outdoor theatre
- lounge and bar